It’s hugely important to us to be inclusive in all ways
We know that visiting a hair salon and finding out it isn’t mobility-friendly can be a stressful and challenging experience.
It’s hugely important to us to be inclusive in all ways, and we’ve done all in our power to cater for our less physically able clients. The salon is fully approved for disabled access by the Buildings Inspectorate, and our friendly and caring team promise a warm welcome and beautiful hair that will leave you looking and feeling fantastic after your appointment.
Our disability-friendly features include:
- On-street car parking, five feet away from the front door of the salon.
- Pavement-level access to the salon entrance – ground floor reception and our consultation station.
- Extra-wide doors throughout the salon for wheelchair access.
- A lift to the styling and colour floors.
- Plenty of room to manoeuvre on the salon floor, with space and privacy between the styling stations.
- Specially adapted toilets with approved safety lighting and alarm.
- Special backwash neck support (for all clients) but with particular importance for those with a disability or limited movement.
Beautiful hair awaits
Our services include:
Your appointment begins with an in-depth consultation to find out exactly what you’d like to achieve with your new hairstyle. We use award-winning, internationally recognised precision cutting techniques for perfectly executed blending and sharp edges that suits your features.
Complement your cut with fabulous colour. We offer a wide range of radiance-boosting balayage hair treatments as well as highlights, toners and everything in between. We are award-winning colourists, and our team have won national and international awards for our colour work.
Bring out the features you love the most with a luxury blow dry as a stand-alone service or as the perfect finish to your cut and colour.
Here at Melissa Salons, we offer KeraStraight, a fabulous smoothing treatment that leaves your hair smoother, healthier and more manageable for three months, or even more. If your hair needs a little extra TLC, speak to your stylist and we’ll be happy to recommend products and styling tips to leave your hair silky smooth and nourished.
We are proud to be one of the first salons in Manchester to introduce gender-neutral pricing.
All haircuts, colour and treatments are simply booked on a combination of an amount of time and the expertise of the stylist and priced accordingly.
You’ll find prices here
Let’s get you booked in!
If you have any questions for us, feel free to contact us and we’ll get right back to you.
If you’re ready for beautiful new hair, book now.